Brussel Sprouts are one of my favorite veggies and almond butter is up there on my list of favorties as well so these two are a match made in heaven. Sounds weird but Almond Butter Glazed Brussel Sprouts are DE-LI-CIOUS and nutritious!! Enjoy these with your lean protein source of choice!
1 lb. brussels sprouts
2 tbsp smooth unsalted almond butter
2 tsp soy sauce (trivial amount)
2 tsp raw organic honey
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
1 clove garlic
- Trim about ¼ inch from bottom of each sprout.
- Separate and remove loose outer leaves of each sprout.
- Place leaves into a bowl and set aside.
- Slice each sprout in half.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together almond butter, 1 ½ tbsp water, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick sauté pan over medium- high heat.
- Add garlic and halved sprout centers and sear for about 1 minute.
- Add leaves and sauté until light golden brown and wilted, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add about 2 tbsp water to pan and stir once.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour in almond butter mixture and stir until sprouts are coated.
- Cook for about 30-60 seconds longer, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.