One of my favorite things to order at Central Market is the Cobb Salad, minus the blue cheese and ranch dressing. I usually get it to-go so I can weigh and measure everything to make sure it's zone-paleo friendly. Here's my homemade version of the Cobb salad.
What You Will Need:
- Chicken breasts, grilled or baked (however you prefer)
- Nitrate Free, applewood smoked bacon ( I usually buy Applegate Farms)
- Mixed salad greens
- Boiled eggs
- Olives (rinsed and drained)
- Cherry tomatoes
The great thing about this recipe is there is no magical way to make it; except for the few following steps:
1. Grill or bake chicken breasts
2. Cook the bacon until crispy
3. Cut up avocado, dice the boiled eggs, halve the cherry tomatoes, rinse the olives
4. Measure out your blocks for each ingredient and toss all together!
Sometimes the avocado, olives, and tomatoes make enough moisture that you don't really need any dressing. But feel free to use whatever dressing or oils you normally do and enjoy!