When it comes to my recipes there is one word that sums it up:
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid)
With that in mind, today I've got a recipe for a quick and easy Paleo bagged lunch.
I often hear that snacks and bagged lunches are the hardest part of the transition when you're transitioning to a more Paleo lifestyle.
My K.I.S.S. bagged lunch/snack includes:
- 1 packet of Organic Sweet Potato baby food (yes, baby food)
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 packet of StarKist white meat tuna
- 1 bell pepper stuffed with Chicken Salad
- Lululemon Bag - unless you have a "real" lunch bag!
How To Make It:
- You can find a variety of organic, quality baby food options at Central Market or Whole Foods. They are a great post WOD snack and taste surprisingly good
- Chicken Salad: makes enough for 4 stuffed peppers
Mix the following together and fill a fresh uncooked bell pepper:
- 2 large cooked and diced chicken breast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 mashed avocado
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 diced green apple
- 1-2 chopped celery sticks
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds