Wednesday, November 10, 2010

K.I.S.S - bagged lunch by LBT

So, I am not the best chef in the world and this surely stems from the fact that I could probably eat the same thing (more or less) everyday.
When it comes to my recipes there is one word that sums it up:
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid)
With that in mind, today I've got a recipe for a quick and easy Paleo bagged lunch.
I often hear that snacks and bagged lunches are the hardest part of the transition when you're transitioning to a more Paleo lifestyle.



My K.I.S.S. bagged lunch/snack includes:

Main Ingredients:

  • 1 packet of Organic Sweet Potato baby food (yes, baby food)
  • 1/4 cup raw almonds
  • 1 packet of StarKist white meat tuna
  • 1 bell pepper stuffed with Chicken Salad

Dressing:

  • Lululemon Bag - unless you have a "real" lunch bag!

How To Make It:

  • You can find a variety of organic, quality baby food options at Central Market or Whole Foods. They are a great post WOD snack and taste surprisingly good
  • Chicken Salad: makes enough for 4 stuffed peppers

Mix the following together and fill a fresh uncooked bell pepper:

  1. 2 large cooked and diced chicken breast
  2. 1 tbsp lemon juice
  3. 1 mashed avocado
  4. Dash of sea salt and pepper
  5. 1/2 diced green apple
  6. 1-2 chopped celery sticks
  7. 1/2 cup slivered almonds

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment