Ingredients: (makes about 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Put the yolks in a bowl with the mustard and 1 tsp lemon juice
- Start whisking vigorously (blender or food processor on low) while dripping the oil very slowly, even drop by drop in the beginning. You’re creating an emulsion and if you put too much oil at once, it will separate and will be very hard to save. Whisk non-stop and use a towel under the bowl to help stabilize it. Mys sister helped me here!
- As you add more oil, the emulsion will form and the mayonnaise will start to thicken and you can pour the oil faster at this point.
- When all the oil is incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick, add the rest of the lemon juice and taste your creation. You can season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup Paleo Mayo (see above)
- 1 TB mustard
- 1 TB cumin
- 3 slices bacon
- Paprika for garnish
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook the bacon slices until crispy. Let cool.
2. Crumble the bacon to small bits.
3. Place eggs in a pot filled with cold water.
4. Bring to a boil and let boil for 12 minutes. After the 12 minutes, remove from the heat, drain and run some cold water immediately on the eggs. The cold water will cool the eggs so you can work with them and will also stop the cooking process.
5. Once the eggs are cold enough to handle, peel them and cut them in half.
6. Scoop out the yolks and mash them in a bowl with the mayo, mustard, bacon bits, cumin, salt, & pepper.
7. Spoon the yolk, mayo, and bacon filling into the egg whites.
8. Garnish with paprika.