Vanilla Pumpkin Muffins!!
Ingredients: makes about 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup honey - I used honey one batch and Molasses for another. The Molasses WINS!!!
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (yes, the "leftover" mixture has a vanilla flavor already but I added a bit more)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups Brazil Nut/Date flour from Nut Nog**If you are not using leftovers from last week's Vanilla Nut Nog recipe, simply use 2 1/2 cups of almond flour, add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine everything EXCEPT nut flour (**walnuts and dates)
- Stir in nut flour until well combined (**walnuts and dates)
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and press down any bumps on the tops before baking
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
The Vanilla Nut Nog leftovers were enough to make 2 batches and the batch with the Molasses was by far the most popular with the CrossFit Central crew!
The honey muffin is the one on the left - molasses on the right, darker color but super moist!