Grandma's Easy BBQ Pork
(brought to you by the one and only Primal Blueprint Cookbook)
|(Picture shown without the sauce)|
This recipe is super easy, and like the other one I submitted can be cooking in the oven while you do things around the house, or even around town!
Ingredients: (feel free to cut in half if desired -Recipe serves 8)
-1 Tablespoon olive oil or high quality lard
-8 Pork chops or about 4 lbs. of pork shoulder roast (bone in)
-1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2c. ketchup (for primal recipe click on the link) *I used Central Market organic ketchup*
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 bay leaf
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Brown meat on both sides in fat/oil over medium-high heat in a dutch oven or pan that can be used on the stove and in the oven.
3. When meat has browned, remove from heat and pour mixture over meat.
4. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours for chops and 2 1/2 hours for roast. Add water halfway through, if necessary.
5. Remove bay leaf, transfer chops or roast to a warm plate, pour sauce over meat and EAT!
The sauce is what really makes the meat, and the pork pulls apart so easily; you don't even need a knife!
I served this with the Bacon Broccoli Salad (submitted by Karen) and both were deeeeelicious!