Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Roasty Toasty Beets with Hazelnuts

Roasty Toasty Beets with Hazelnuts

Coach Karen

The Paleo Diet Cookbook

Fresh beets are very tasty. Roasting this root vegetable brings out its flavor, which is further enhanced by the delectable hazelnut finish. serves 4
1 bunch beets, leaves removed and beets quartered

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon dried basil

1 garlic clove, pressed

2 tablespoons chopped roasted hazelnuts (filberts)

Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to broil. Toss beat with olive oil, basil, and garlic in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Broil for 30mins, stirring once at the halfway point. Top with roasted hazelnuts and pepper. I'm learning to eat beets. When buying this item at the grocery store, I must have had an odd look on my face because I ended up having an interesting conversation with a gentlemen who informed me he uses the leaves in his juicer! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment